I’ve rounded up a pile of old press from another time–another life–another name.
For a walk down memory lane, check out some of these old articles, interviews, and reviews.
- A lovely interview in a local magazine. Modern Day Cinderella.
- Love. from. book. bloggers. for DAMSEL DISTRESSED is a great way to wrap up 2014!
- FreshFiction featured DAMSEL DISTRESSED on Good Morning Texas and named it a must-read title for fall 2014!
- The letter to my teenage self was featured on DEAR TEEN ME.
- DAMSEL DISTRESSED took home the top prize in YA at the 2014 Moonbeam awards!
- DAMSEL DISTRESSED was given a 4 star review by RT!
- I was a featured panalist at DFWcon along with my amazing agent, Jessica Sinsheimer. I also presented a class on VLOGGING!
- My buddy, Jaye Robin Brown featured me on her blog Hanging On To Wonder!
- I was a featured author at GeekOn’s Author Faire in Denton, Texas. Here’s a picture!
- I was a featured Creative Lady on Kerry’s Welcome to Ladyville!
- The covers for DAMSEL DISTRESSED and IMOGEN UNLOCKED were revealed exclusively by MTVact!
- I had a BLAST at #YAKfest in Keller, Texas! I helped host the HATCH and met tons of new readers and fellow authors! Here’s a picture!
- YAreads featured tons of debut authors in large, awesome, excite-inducing features!
- Over on YAInterrobang, a slew of 2014 debuts were featured in an AWESOME comprehensive round-up! In addition to the group post, we all had individual interviews too!
- Damsel Distressed was featured on I Believe In Story with a beautiful collage by Associate Agent at P.S. Literary, Maria Vicente.
- I was interviewed by the WONDERFUL Miss Riki! I discuss some unknown DD tidbits and name who I’d love to see playing Imogen on screen!
- My first BIG write up! I was featured in issue seven of the Nerdfighter magazine, the Anglerfish!
- Damsel Distressed was mentioned on the April RT Forewords blog: Books Before the Buzz!
- Here’s an interview from All The Write Notes. I talk about how important music is to me as a writer and share my Damsel Distressed drafting playlist.
- My feature on the 2014 debut YA authors blog, One Four Kid Lit.
- The announcement of the sale of my novel was announced on Publishers Marketplace:
Kelsey Macke’s DAMSEL DISTRESSED, About 17-Year-Old Imogen Keegan And Her Struggle With Obesity, Self-Harm, And The Infuriatingly Perfect Stepsister Who Makes Her Want To Drown Herself In A Vat Of Nutella, With Accompanying Soundtrack Of Original Songs Written And Performed By The Author’s Band, Wedding Day Rain, In An Innovative Mash-Up Of Prose, Technology, Drawings, And Music, To Danielle Ellison At Spencer Hill Contemporary, For October 2014, By Jessica Sinsheimer At The Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency (World).
- I attended the Dallas area writers’ conference, DFWcon, and filmed a special vlog full of tips for attending such events.
- One of my very first writer buddies, Simon P. Clark interviewed me about my writing process on his blog.
- I visited Sophia Chang‘s blog to talk about a typical day in my life.